Ruben Laguna's blog

Jul 23, 2009 - 1 minute read - Comments - Uncategorized

project.displayName and project.name don't get set for Netbeans Platform Application projects

I just reported it to netbeans issuezilla issue 169074.

I was trying to use these variables as pointed out by Michal Hlavac in my post about templates. And then I realized that these variables don’t seem to work for Netbeans Plaform Application projects. Instead of the project name and display name they (the template variables, I mean) get replaced by an error message

Expression project.name is undefined on line 10, column 19 in Templates/Licenses/license-gplv3.txt

Then I tried to use those same variables in a regular java application project and they seem to work fine for that kind of project. So I think is an issue involving only Netbeans Platform Application projects. Let’s see what they reply to the issue.

Adding support for opening dot files to GraphBrowser CGLib, NetBeans Modules and class loaders