Ruben Laguna's blog

Mar 8, 2009 - 1 minute read - actions api folder hidden hide layer netbeans platform remove saveaction toolbar toolbars

How to hide/remove the Save, Undo and Redo buttons on the Toolbar (Netbeans Platform)

The default Netbeans Platform Application generated by the Netbeans IDE wizard has the Save, Undo and Redo button showing up in the toolbar by default. Since my applications doesn’t have anything to save I decided to hide those buttons. I turns out that remove them is really simple, I knew that I had to fiddle with the layer.xml file and hide something but I didn’t know exactly what. At the end I found the solution buried in this A NetBeans Platform Sample and Tutorial.

Mar 5, 2009 - 3 minute read - freemarker gpl gplv3 license netbeans template variables

GPLv3 license template for Netbeans

To add an GPL notice to all your new files Just open the Netbeans Template Manager by clicking Tools ⇒ Templates. Click on the Default License and press the Duplicate button. Then select the newly created “license-default_1.txt” and rename it to “license-gplv3.txt” (the name it’s important copy exactly the same name). Then click on “Open in Editor” button and replace the contents of the license file with the following: < #if licenseFirst?

Mar 5, 2009 - 1 minute read - arduino cts electronics reset rst shield sleep xbee

Setting XBee to sleep causes Arduino reset

If you run into this problem it means that you’re probably using the XBeeShield. Maybe you didn’t notice but if you take a look to the Arduino XBee Shield schematics you’ll find out that DIO7 (CTS - Clear to Send) on the XBee is wired to RST in the Arduino. And that’s why you get the Arduino reset. Even if you set DIO7 configuration to 0 - DISABLED (using X-CTU) the DIO7 will be set to HIGH then XBee enters sleep (This is stated in the “End Device Sleep Configuration”/“XBee End Device Configuration” chapter of the XBee Manual) .

Mar 2, 2009 - 2 minute read - deserializing java netbeans NoClassDefFoundError tcid topcomponent

Netbeans: "Problem when deserializing TopComponent for tcID"

Today I experienced a strange problem. Or I thought it was strange . I just checkout a my project from Subversion into Netbeans and it didn’t work!. How come? I have another working copy that works just ok. So I check the logs in $app/build/testuserdir/var/log/messages.log and I found INFO []: [PersistenceManager.getTopComponentForID] Problem when deserializing TopComponent for tcID:'XBeeTopComponent'. Reason: com/rapplogic/xbee/api/XBeeException java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rapplogic/xbee/api/XBeeException at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods( at java.lang.Class.getMethod0( at java.lang.Class.getMethod( at org.

Dec 12, 2008 - 1 minute read - firefox java plugin registry troubleshooting Uncategorized windows

Firefox detecting wrong Java Plugin version on Windows.

First read this Mozillazine page In my case the problem was that some program overwrote the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java Runtime Environment/BrowserJavaVersion with the old value 1.6.0_01. When I set it back to 1.6.0_06 everything worked fine again. Now the addons window looks like before it showed Java Platform SE 6 U1 instead

Nov 20, 2008 - 1 minute read - apple earbud ebay headphones lanyard store Uncategorized

Got my new Apple Lanyard Headphones

Amazing, the swedish apple store dont sell the old Apple Lanyard Headphones, the ones that fits in both Apple 1st generation and 3rd generation. And I cannot buy it from the US Apple store either, they just don’t let you to do so. So at the end I reverted to EBay and I found a nice offer from$12 + $6.5 shipping). That’s halft the price listed on the Apple Store ($39.

Nov 19, 2008 - 1 minute read - bug mac netbeans osx platform reload target Uncategorized

"Reload in target plaform" is not working in Netbeans 6.1/6.5 RC2 in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

I filed a bug report It seems that it cannot find the inner class ResolvableHelper inside the TopComponent. (throws a NoClassDefFoundException, see the messages.log for details ). It’s funny though, because it works perfectly in Windows XP and Vista, I thought this stuff was platform independent.