Ruben Laguna's blog

Jul 18, 2008 - 1 minute read - Comments - consumption energy meter monitor power Uncategorized volcraft watt

Voltcraft Energy Control 3000

An article on the Elektor magazine on home power meters caught my attention, particularly the wireless one. In the article they mention the Voltcraft Energy Control 3000, that is able to receive data (about energy consumption) from several sensor and can be connected to the pc via usb. The only problem is that the software that comes with it is in german only. The price is ok, 100€ + 35€ per sensor.

Jul 18, 2008 - 2 minute read - Comments - energy meter monitor power sensor Uncategorized watt wireless zigbee

Wireless Power Meters

I’ve been trying to find power meters for home. My criteria is that it has to support several sensors (because I want to know how much energy my computer and home cinema is spending) and it has to be wireless (because it more convinient this way). After researching a couple of hours, it doesn’t lok good. The number of choices is very small. The Voltcraft option is in doubt because all the information I can find is in german.

Jul 11, 2008 - 4 minute read - Comments - blinklist bookmarks delicious export exporting import importing jruby json kaylon migrating migration parsing powermarks ruby script

Migrating BlinkList bookmarks and Powermarks bookmarks to del.icio.us

UPDATE: It seems that Blinklist’s JSON export doesn’t work any more, and delicious now requires OAuth authentication for new accounts (which rubilicious doesn’t support). So I created another script to transform Blinklist’s CSV format to HTML bookmark format which you can import to delicious. It’s done. I was suffering constant problems with BlinkList and I decided to move to del.icio.us. I also decided to rescue the old powermarks 3.5 bookmarks from the oblivion and import them to del.

May 26, 2008 - 1 minute read - Comments - cygwin id3 mp3 tag tagger tagging

Mp3 tag manipulation in cygwin

I couldn’t find any mp3 tagging utility using the cygwin setup.exe. So I google a bit and found this post about installing id3. To summarize, download id3 here and unpack it. wget http://home.wanadoo.nl/squell/files/id3-0.78.tar.gz tar xvzf id3-0.78.tar.gz cd id3-0.78 sed -ibak -e 's/^\(CFLAGS.*=.*$\)/\1 -mno-cygwin/' makefile sed -ibak -e 's/\($(CXX)\) \($(OBJECTS:=.o)\)/\1 $(CXXFLAGS) \2/' makefile make make install There are some issue with carriage returns when printing the tags on screen that you can fix with the instructions in here.

Feb 22, 2008 - 2 minute read - Comments - attach debug jar library module netbeans source wrapper

Attach source code to a Netbeans Library Wrapper Module

I’m new in NetBeans and today I’ve been struggling a couple of hours with the simple task of attaching the source code for an external JAR (NetBean Library Wrapper Module). I’ve been trying to find in google how to do it without success until I reached this post in the netbeans-users mailing list. Then I realized that I should been looking into the NetBeans Help first. The entry at Help -> Help contents -> Java Applications -> Debugging Applications -> Attaching Source Code to a JAR File explains how to do it.

Feb 21, 2008 - 1 minute read - Comments - illegalstateexception modulemanager netbeans rcp troubleshooting

Netbeans Paint Application

My first try with the Netbeans Paint Application tutorial didn’t work as expected. For some reason I got this stack trace when I tried to run it: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Module was supposed to be OK: StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.projectuiapi jarFile: C:\Program Files\NetBeans 6.0\ide8\modules\org-netbeans-modules-projectuiapi.jar at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.maybeAddToEnableList(ModuleManager.java:1087) at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.maybeAddToEnableList(ModuleManager.java:1104) at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.maybeAddToEnableList(ModuleManager.java:1104) at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.simulateEnable(ModuleManager.java:1048) at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(ModuleList.java:379) at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(ModuleList.java:341) at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(ModuleSystem.java:275) at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Main.java:171) at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Main.java:322) [catch] at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(TopThreadGroup.java:110) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) I managed to solve it although I don’t really know the cause.